Kickoff meeting of GSSVET project partners in Heraklion, Crete
Fifteen institutes, coming from four countries active in fields of green sector, specialized in geothermal and solar installations, had their first meeting in Technical Educational Institute of Crete premises.
All partners are active in fields of continuous VET for plumbers and electricians, for geothermal and solar installations and have strong regional and European cooperation networking activity. They have already successfully developed various projects together, always with the aim of upgrading the skills of young people or adults in order to enhance their employability.
The GSSVET project is implemented under the “Cooperation for Innovation and the Exchange of Good Practices – Sector Skill Alliances” for designing and delivering of VET. It has a three-year duration and is financed by the European Commission.
The final outputs include:
- Two European core curricula (EQF level 4), divided into sets of learning outcomes, allowing an easy implementation of the ECVET procedure
- two corresponding continuous VET programs, including innovative teaching methods, and including periods of work-based learning,
- two qualification standards for evaluation and certification.
- A methodology for implementing, delivering, evaluating and certifying the above-described training.
The partners are representing European geothermal and photovoltaic umbrella organizations, associations of photovoltaic and geothermal employers, union of sectors of the economic activity concerned, VET and higher education institutes.
1. Technological Educational Institute of Crete – Department of Department of Environmental and Natural Resources Engineering (GR)
2. ECTE – European Center in Training for Employment (GR)
3. Chania Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GR)
4. HELAPCO – HELLENIC ASSOCIATION OF PHOTOVOLTAIC COMPANIES (GR)
5. TUV Austria Hellas (GR)
6. SQLearn (GR)
7. European Labor Institute (BU)
8. Chamber of Installation Specialists in Bulgaria (BU)
9. Sofia Energy Centre (BU)
10. Technical University of Sofia (BU)
11. ALECOP (SP)
12. INSTAGI- Asociación empresarial de Instaladores y Mantenedores de Gipuzkoa (SP)
13. International Geothermal Association (EU – DE)
14. German Geothermal Association (DE)
15. Bochum University of Applied Science (DE)